Saturday, October 11, 2008

RSS



I'm beginning to realize the power of RSS in harnessing my digital assets. Before taking the Emerging Tech class I would download digital materials to my computer without any concerns whatsoever. Often these downloads were conducted in an unsystematic and haphazard manner. However, by using RSS tools, I've been able to locate resources by entering descriptive tags that are relevant to the topic of interest. Rather than conducting a time-consuming internet search I've been able to use descriptive tags to do the work for me! This process has enabled me to become more organized in finding, storing, and accessing digital materials. It took a while, but I've discovered that RSS is becoming a very good friend.

(RSS logo by www.firstalert.com)

2 comments:

Toothfairy said...

Dave, I really like how you described RSS. You're such a good writer.

Nick said...

I need to learn more about that, thanks for the post.